Lesson learned

Today, I got my butt kicked. Well, not physically but still I needed to be reminded of the important things and I wasn't listening to God. A few days ago, we had an unfortunate situation. Someone, who abused their knowledge, stole our keys, entered our office late at night, and stole our paychecks for the brothel girls this week. I was so frustrated. How would I make payday? How could I disappoint the girls? What happens if I don't come up with the money and the girls don't have the means to feed their kids? I worried myself over it too much. 

We came up with the money but I still wasn't focusing on God through this. I was focused on the temporary, the seen instead of the eternal, the unseen. 

I hadn't  even told any of the girls. I didn't even have a chance to tell Madame Sobrino what had happened. As we sat around the table, the girls started singing All in All. Once they finished, Madame Sobrino began leading Bible Study. She started talking about how we can't become preoccupied by the things of this world. She told the girls how God is our provider and our sustainer, regardless of situation or what people try to do to us. Dang, I needed to hear that. I needed God to kick my butt and make me realize that in all of this, it's Him that I should have been going to. It was him that I should have been focused on. 

I got to share with the girls what happened and how perfect bible study was today. I had to tell them that I wasn't sure about next weeks paychecks since we had to use that money for this week. But thankful that we serve a great God and knowing that he can provide for us this week. 

So humbled by the way The Lord works.  Thankful for his reminders.

Comments

Popular Posts