Provision

Growing up, we are always told to "just have a little faith" that God will provide for us. That is a far more challenging statement than it sounds. It's a personal issue that I had been wrestling with. In the past month, I have had many times where I thought "if I'm just supposed to trust, then I must not be doing the trust thing right." Needless to say, along with that comes God's timing. After struggling with issue, I finally realized that I needed to just let it go and let God be in control. What I didn't realize, was how when we let God control the situation, he will absolutely blow our expectations. I have been trying to raise support for my internship and at first, it started off really strong; however, it just suddenly died. I gave a presentation at my home church this past Sunday and the generosity completely blew me away. God was really in control and it was so evident. Not only was my need met, but it was beyond doubled. One elderly woman approached me after church and handed me a check. She explained that the amount was so little because that was all she had but proceeded to tell me she would be praying for me everyday and praying that God would shape my heart and the hearts of the Haitians. The simple fact that she was praying for me was worth more than any monetary amount. Regardless of whether I wanted to trust God and his timing, he still provided in a far greater way than I could have ever imagined.

Comments

Popular Posts