Growing

Tout bagay déjà byen.  What a testament of faith that song is. The song states everything is already okay, because Jesus still sits on the throne everything is already okay. Sometimes we become so overwhelmed with the day to day. Certain situations can stretch us. Seeing the faith of some women in the Mole despite a recent event makes me realize how quick I forget. I  choose to ignore that God's in control and take matters into my hands, my timing. This song is such a reminder to me. I'm so thankful that he is in control because he makes beautiful things out of complete messes, like me. I graduate college in december, that alone is overwhelming. I feel like God's been using this song to reassure me, for way more times than he should have needed to. As much as I just want to know what lies ahead, I have to trust that everything is taken care of, it's already been set into motion. I'm so thankful that I get to grow and learn among the Haitian people. There's none quite like them.  Reality of some situations are heartbreaking yet others are full of hope. We spent all morning digging the foundation for the school and clearing land for the kids to play, just be kids. It was hot, there were fire ants everywhere, we were all exhausted but the vision for that land kept everyone going. To know we are literally setting a foundation that could change a town and nation, what an opportunity. I can't wait until September when it has it's first class of students, these kids have been given a voice. Those attending the mission school will be mountain kids, they are the poorer area, the outcast. People never really give them a chance, what a statement by investing in those kids.

Comments

  1. He definitely has a plan for you and it's already in motion. You'll know when he wants you to. . .the hard part is waiting. It's so exciting the kids will be going to school! How that will change their lives! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts