Past few days

To be completely honest, the past few days have been full of ups and downs.  God's really showing me how he works in all situations, regardless. At one moment, I really questioned why God had me in Haiti. It wasn't easy, but sometimes we have to learn that we are not here to please man. In all things, we are to glorify God and to work for his kingdom.

One of my favorite songs says: Welcome to wherever you are, this is your life, you made it this far. Welcome, you've got to believe, that right here, right now is exactly where you supposed to be.

I love that. Such a reminder that God goes before us and he walks with us in this journey together. I learned to really seek God's face and to know that his ways are so much greater than my own.

Since being here, I've met an 8 year old girl named Susanflouer. She is staying in the recovery room of the birthing center. She is from Port au Prince, but had surgery here at the mission on both her feet. The first day we saw her, she was stuck sitting upright, both legs casted. BUT her joy was unspeakable; I've never seen anything like it. Each day, I've gone back to visit with her. Her family always asks for us to pray with them. Their faithfulness to their daughter just reminds me of God's faithfulness to us. Despite the pain she feels, she never looses her smile. I'm constantly reminded of how quickly I loose sight of James 1 (consider it PURE joy when you face trials of many kinds).

Today, a young malnourished boy was left in the clinic area of the mission. We don't know his name, but they are trying to find his mother. Join us in praying that God will provide in this situation, whether that be reuniting with his mom or being placed in a new home. His legs were not even two fingers wide, but he had such a personality. I can't imagine what his mom might be feeling right now. She left her son out of desperation, hoping that someone could provide a better life for her son.

Comments

  1. Hey. I didn't realize you had a blog until Meghan told me yesterday.

    I hope everything settles down and there are a lot more ups once you're at the Mole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts