Foot washing

Today is Sunday; therefore, we don't work. Church was awesome. It was funny watching all the short term trippers taking communion because they didn't realize that it was not grape juice. One of the groups did children's church. They did a skit about Daniel and the lions den, the kids loved it.

Carole Wheeler, I thought about you today. In church one of the little girls kept tapping me on the shoulder and one of the ladies came over and hit her with the towel.

Last night, April, another intern, and I decided we wanted to get away for a few minutes. So we took cups of ice, those lemonade drink packets, and went up to a roof that no one sleeps on. We made slushes and just hung out for a awhile. The sky is gorgeous here. There are no lights at night so you see the stars so clearly as well as the milky way. You go to sleep with it on one side of you and wake up with it on the other side.

We were talking about how foot washing was just an awesome way to serve people. If you think about it, Jesus washed people's feet, at the foot of the cross, at the feet of Jesus. We reference feet a lot. So we decided to do a foot washing with the granmoun today. Some of the short term trippers joined us and we had a blast. The granmoun are the sweetest and nicest people ever. When I finished washing one of the men's feet, he grabbed me and just hugged me for a while. I nearly cried, which never happens. We also decided that when we have an off day between groups that we would like to do a foot washing and thank you party for the staff. The cooks, cleaning ladies, orphanage workers, and everyone else all are unappreciated and it breaks my heart. They are serving us in crazy ways and people never say thank you or even take the time to pick up their own mess.

Comments

  1. Caitlin, I will be sure to have "my towel" at church when you return! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts