Futbol

Soccer is the way of life down here. If you want kids to listen, play soccer with them. The group that is here planned a boys (AND GIRLS, who never get to play) soccer camp. We took sixty kids to the professional field and split guys and girls. I joined in with the girls who surprisingly thought I was a decent soccer player. One thing people forgot to mention is that it's socially acceptable for your teammates to grab your butt during a soccer game. Several of them did it to me and I just looked at them and said "Pa fe sa" (Don't do that) and they looked at me like I was crazy. Now I know why. We had so much fun playing soccer. There was just a pure joy on the girls faces and we gave all of them soccer jerseys before we left.

We also had a shaving cream party for the Miriam Center. It was awesome to just play with them and not have any physical barriers in the way. They just rolled around in the shaving cream.

I went to visit a lady in the granmoun feeding program today. If I don't go see her, she comes to find me. .

Eveline, who lives here at the mission (a Haitian), went and played soccer with us today. She told us interns we needed to be either skinny or sexy. It's the same word in Creole so we're not sure what she meant. She has us on a legit workout everyday. We do laps on the roof, these hard core sit ups, and push ups.

Chrysalis people- this group sang River of Life today except no goosh and splash-- they did some howdy, country number-- their from South Dakota if that explains anything.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts