God of Justice

I love this song (if you've never heard it, go listen now):
God of Justice, Saviour to all
Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served

Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go

To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God

You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give


Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord

I took a group to Tortuga, roughest boat ride ever. The waves were crazy big and our low side was completely submerged. Everyone in the group was puking, somehow, I managed not to. The group is teens/young adults and in between all of their puking, they were singing their hearts out. I loved getting to hang out with them because they were just so fun, servant minded, and joyful. The ocean was so rough that I still feel the rocking when I sit down.

This afternoon we went down to the jail again. There were only 3 because the other 6 were taken to Port de Paix courthouse (never a good thing). One of the boys was only 15. He is a shepherd and someone had stolen a sheep while he was supposed to be watching them so his boss put him in jail. Let's just say we did some serious praying that this boy would be given justice and that God would be his guide. The judge randomly showed up and signed some papers and released the boy to us. The judge mockingly said go home with the blancs. The boy was so stunned, as were we. God is the God of Justice.

Fill us up and send us out. Just pray that all of us would be pouring everything we have to glorify God and just have to constantly be turning back to God to renew us. I got to see my boys John and Wesley again today. They always make me laugh. I visited with some of my granmoun friends and it's so refreshing to see people at the last leg have such a childlike faith.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts