Love is Here

We sang that song before testimonies tonight and it's just an awesome song. "And to the bruised and fallen, captivate, bound, and broken hearted: He is the Lord" That line sums up Haiti. It's the last night the group is here. Rather bittersweet since some of the people have been totally awesome and have had such servants hearts. It's cool to hear how God worked in all of their lives and it was a reminder to me how I need to let God continue to work in my life. I spent a good portion of my day in the baby orphanage. At home, I pretty much run from kids but here, I can't get enough. They just have an unspeakable joy that is so contagious. I can't help but be so thrilled about God and life when I'm with them. One kid, Presley, has stolen my heart. He has a laugh that never stops. Whenever I start walking up to the door, he must have a radar because he is standing there with the biggest grin on his face. He has no family, he has nothing but that doesn't matter to him.

This afternoon, I went down to help feed the granmoun. Their passion is amazing. They may be so physically fragile but they have faith like a child. One lady, I could never even attempt her name, always dances when they sing and pray. Today, she took my hand and just held it for a while and talked to me. I can tell she is struggling but that's the least of her worries. She asked several times if I would be back tomorrow and I assured her I would be. I just love the old people here. They remind me of my grandparents and their group of friends. Just happy, humble, and willing to serve kind of people.

On the way back, I saw this baby girl with open sores all over her body. She was just running and playing. I went over and talked with her mom (in my medium level Creole and her zero English). She said her husband's been sick for 3 months so he can't work. She is pregnant and already has two young children. The daughter could die if one of the sores gets infected. On top of all of that, she has no home at the moment since they have no income. We talked about Jesus and how he will provide. She says she knows Jesus but most people in Haiti say that. I could see the desperation in her eyes but I know God's got a plan for her and those kids. Her situation isn't by accident, even if I know it probably breaks God's heart to see his kids hurting.

The group leaves out at 4:30 am (that would be 5:30 EST) for a long day of travel so pray that it goes smoothly and that we can get some rest before the next group arrives on Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts