Slow Down

While I was in the states, I felt like God was telling me to slow down, to be more intentional. I was convicted on how involved was I really with the girls at the brothel. Sure, some of them came to the mission twice a week to make jewelry and do Bible study, but was I really loving them? Was I really pouring into them? Having them here twice a week had made me lazy; it made me too comfortable. I prayed about it and decided to start doing Bible study at the brothel. Starting this week, we will be working through the book of John. I can't wait to see the way the Lord will work through this time. At times, it will be awkward or I won't know the exact words to say but I know that God will work and transcend cultural and language barriers.

Over the past few weeks, we've seen God's work in their hearts become so evident. Three girls have accepted Christ within the past week. How exciting and awesome! I know that God's been working in their hearts for a long time.One Sunday, two of the girls accepted Christ at church. During communion, the pastor shared the story of the woman at the well. He talked about his experiences going into the brothel with us. He talked about people's reactions, the way they questioned him and judged him. He spoke about how every single one of us sins. We each are the woman at the well. Little did he know, those very girls he spoke about meeting, were the ones that had just said they wanted to accept Jesus.

I can't wait to see how God will work over the next few months. We're praying that the women would know their worth, their value and want to leave the brothel. We're praying that the "boss" will hear the words spoken at Bible study and want to know more. We're praying that those who have chosen Christ will be encouraged and be changers of their community.

Comments

  1. Praying for the "boss" and that God will work in a powerful way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts