The walls came down

This update has been a long time coming....

Maybe because I thought it was too good to be true, or I thought for sure he'd rebuild but he hasn't.

In April, we had a bad storm. The wind was horrible that night and it poured rain. No one slept that night and many homes were flooded. So I knew the next day (Tuesday) that when I asked the girls how they were doing, that it hadn't been an easy night....

But I don't think I was fully prepared for what they shared. As I asked how they were, one of them casually said that the walls fell down. When I asked what walls, she looked at me confused and said the brothel wall. Deep down my heart was overjoyed. We've prayed for this day for a few years now. We've prayed that it wouldn't exist any longer. And now it has happened.

I loved being able to sit around the table with them and reflect on how God has been faithful over the past few years. How God heard and in his time and way, he moved. Thankfully, the girls are all safe and no one was hurt. The girls had all recently moved out and were starting to get settled into new homes.  A few of them doubted their decisions to move out, but this gave them reassurance that  life might be hard, but they made the right step.

The other day, I went by to see if the owner had started to rebuild. But when we stopped by, the entire building was gone. The only room still standing was the small security room that was out front.

Join us in praying that the owner won't rebuild it as a brothel, that God will continue to be at work in the girls lives, and that he would be glorified through it all.

Comments

Popular Posts