Jezila

On the plane ride over to Haiti, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed from all of the travel and changes.  I looked over as the lady next to me wrote her name on the customs form, Jezi la, Jesus is here.  It could not have been a more perfect and appropriate reminder.

As we drove through the tent cities to a hotel to stay overnight because we missed our in-country flight, Jesus is here.  As I found out that I was taking on all of the group responsibilities, Jesus is here.  In the confusion, Jesus is here.  As things don't work out as planned, Jesus is here.

What a perfect reminder to finish out the year with, Jesus is here.  He is in control; he is faithful.  I can't think of a better place to start this new year off than here.

Comments

  1. You have had quite a week with delayed or missed flights, lost luggage and taking on additional responsibilities. Yet, I know you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I kept thinking, God is in control. He will give Caitlin what she needs to prepare for the incoming group. And, He did. He is faithful. And now, you are preparing for the girls Bible study! I know you are excited since that is something that is close to your heart.

    I will be praying for you as you love on your Haitian family and as you begin the girls Bible study. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts