Bible study

Before I left for Haiti, I felt like The Lord was laying a girls Bible study on my heart. I didn't know how it would work out or any details, but I felt like I was supposed to invest in lives that way. I started spending a lot of time with the girls in the orphanage. One day I asked the older ones if we could do one thing what would it be, they responded with Bible study. We started meeting on Sunday afternoons and some of the other Americans are leading it to. We decided that our key verse would be 1 Timothy 4:12. Each week we will work through the aspects of speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity. Today we sat down and made commitments that we would respect each other, be committed, and make this a safe place. The girls also challenged everyone to memorize that verse so we may know it that much deeper and apply it. It was our first week but I left feeling so full of joy. The girls were really involved and helped us along the way when our creole wasn't completely sufficient. I can't wait to see where The Lord leads this time and how he grows and challenges each of us.

Comments

Popular Posts