Lead me to the rock

Last night the rains poured. They were consistently heavy majority of the night. As I sat in church today, I realized that many of the moms sitting around me had held their children all last night as the rains fell. They were a safe place for their babies as waters rushed all around them and into their homes.

The past few days, my hearts felt overwhelmed, something is just too much. I couldn't figure out why I felt this way. This afternoon, the flood gates opened and I realized why my heart felt this burden. Whether physically or spiritually, we can often get overwhelmed, easily swept away in the rushing waters. I was reminded of Psalm 61:2-- when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock which is higher than I. I'm so thankful that the Lord holds us in the rushing. He is a safe place. He is the loving father who embraces us, even when we let the floods carry us away at times.

Comments

Popular Posts