Worth it

Today, I felt like our ministries kept ending in a theme of worth. This morning, we took some Miriam center kids to the playground. These kids don't get out often and they need assistance often. My group just looked past the disabilities and loved on those kids like they deserved. It was so cool to see the joy on everyone's faces. This afternoon, we headed to the brothel. The group did a Bible study with them yesterday on being women of courage and faith. Today, they pampered the women. They painted nails, rubbed lotion, and gave the women massages. The women don't ever get love on like that. They were shown what it looks like to be valued, to be seen as more than an object. While painting nails, I noticed the girl had several fresh wounds and newly healing scars. She was sixteen, she is working at te brothel, or so out interpreter believed. I asked her if they hurt. The people around started saying that she was beaten by her boyfriend. He attacked her with a machete. I was shocked. She's sixteen and this is her life already. My heart broke. Before I could even speak, my translator started tellin her how there was a better way, there was a way out. Hoping we can continue to pour into her life in a way that shows her she can say no and she can stand up for herself.

Comments

Popular Posts