Nostalgic

It's crazy to think that a year ago, I moved to college. Now, I'm in my own apartment and more sense of responsibility. I've been decorating and I noticed that every single thing hanging on my walls is Haiti related. I don't find that strange at all. I love that fact, if nothing else, it keeps me grounded and reminded of struggles others face daily. I have tons upon tons of pictures and there is no where to even start with them. It's so cool to know that every picture has a story and it's usually not an easy one. I have a picture of Marco on my desk and it is a daily reminder of the joy I'm supposed to have. I see the pictures of Wanda and Jenise and realize that I shouldn't be afraid or worry. When people ask, "How was your summer?", there is no short or brief way to explain and I'm thankful for that. I was reading Isiah 40:26 and it talks about how God calls the stars. God beckons us too, but we don't all shine at our full capacity. Some of us, don't even shine at all. I got to thinking of Ansefoleur. I'm in awe of the fact that God is far more extravagant than our wildest imagination. Our God can't fit in a box and can't be personified, which is humbling. It's incredible that we can't put limits on God, even when we try to convince ourselves that we can.

Comments

  1. I want to come see your room. I know half the decorations and photos in my room are from Mexico. I understand the connection to a degree. Of course, I didn't actually live there for much of an extended period of time so I can only imagine your connection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts