Super Stoked

And this is where my political side appears. Wyclef can't run for president! I couldn't be happier. The last thing Haiti needs is a rich "American" celebrity abusing their popularity to try to fix their situation. Several news articles have said, well that's just Haiti being Haiti and messing with its rules. I personally believe that's Haiti finally standing up for itself. How can you change a country you don't even live in? Haiti has been abused by rich leaders for far too long. I realize the other guys that are running probably aren't much better, but I do believe in this situation, we need to let Haiti help itself. They need to be the ones to stand and change things. Outsiders are rarely, if ever, successful at changing a country for the good. Look at the past few times that has happened to Haiti and look where it got them. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for humanitarian and mission work but I'm totally opposed to us being involved in their political system.

Comments

Popular Posts