Real Worship

The past few days have been campus days. Sunday, we went to church, which was incredible as always. It never grows old or dull. They worship with a whole heart. Monday, we just had a small team here so I took them to the nutrition program. You know it's a good day when a kid poops on you. One of my friend's little sisters sat down on my lap and just pooped. I guess you felt super comfortable with me. We visited the jail that afternoon. All of the prisoners that were there two days before were gone. We saw one was being put in a car for Port de Paix, which is heartbreaking but I know it's a hopeful situation now. There were 7 new prisoners. One day and a whole new cell of guys. A young guy was pretty open and shared that he was fighting and was the one they locked up. His young wife is pregnant and he wanted so badly to be out and to be making changes. They were open to the Gospel and Jesus and wanted us to visit again to share more. Today, a new group arrived. I'm super excited because they have a full schedule like a carnival at the orphanage. Can't wait to see the excitement and joy of the kids! We spent all day getting ready for the team and organizing the depot. For orientation, a group from last week wrote us a song remixed to Tick Tock by K3$HA. It was awesome and ridiculously funny because we sang it for the group that just got here and they probably have no idea what they got into.

Lately, I've really been experiencing what it's like to worship. Worship isn't just a song we sing or a routine we go through. It's the offering of ourselves for God's glory. Watching the Haitians, I realize that I'm such a lazy worshipper. I don't really mean what I sing.

Comments

Popular Posts