Busy Day

We woke up and gave tours to the new groups. As we were going through the OR, a girl in my group asked me and Brooklyn if that was a real person laying on the bed. We hadn't even noticed from the window and were pretty freaked out. We assumed it was the boys messing with us, but when we knocked on the glass, we realized it wasn't. We told the group it was a joke and left quickly. We all found out that it was one of the gran moun who had passed away last night. It was heart breaking to see the gran moun house so quiet and dull--that never happens. His family came and we got to offer a brief comfort, which I'm sure is nothing like what they are experiencing.
Our group did a Miriam Center program this morning. We painted, played, sang, and danced with them. They are such a blast and so joyful. I always felt so awkward in there and like I would break those children. They have such a passion for life though. I've fallen in love with a few of the little girls, who have completely changed my heart for that ministry. This afternoon, we did grocery ministry. The group decided we would head up the mountain to deliver them. The first house was a blind woman who was so excited to have us. The next house we stopped at ended up having several families. I saw one of the baby orphanage workers walk out and then one of my favorite security guards came out of the same house. I had no idea they were married and they thought it was hilarious that I didn't know that. The other two families were young moms with several kids and homeless staying in this family's backyard. The security guard just asked for the Bible and said to give the food to another family. I love that I learn how to give and serve so much from my friends.
We visited the jail too. There were four guys, all different from yesterday. One guy had accepted Christ with an earlier group. He was getting out when we left, so exciting. Another guy owed money and didn't have it. We were praying and then the guard told him he was no longer going to Port de Paix prison. We found out later that the security guard that was with us had paid the small fee for the guy. We seriously have the most incredible national staff. The guy kept saying that I know God now because I have seen his provision in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts