Our Daily Bread

The past few days have been days of rest and recharging. We've had different staff development and discussions. They give us a few hours in the afternoon to pursue our own ministry. Hannah and I went to the jail a few days and have really fallen in love with that opportunity. Yesterday, we came back and had a few hours to spare. I saw the cooks and just sat down. I love those women and their hearts. They have been such a blessing in my life and I'm so thankful for who they are. We spent an hour just laughing and joking with them. This afternoon, a group of us got to hangout with the older boys from the orphanage. They stay at the mission during the summer and work for us. They have been such a source of laughter. They have taught me to condition my heart to one of joy. No situation can steal that joy from them.

I've really been so blessed by the Haitians who have been placed in my life. They have taught me more than I could imagine. I love that they give grace where I need it and love unconditionally. The past few days, God has really been teaching me what it looks like for Him to be my everything. The Divine Mentor book talks about seeking God as our daily bread. It talks about how we need to come before God everyday with what we have for that day, not looking ahead because He only gave manna by the day and it spoiled if they tried to save it. I feel like he's been challenging me in certain situations to look at Him, to recognize His sovereignty in every circumstance. He has really been searching out my heart and stretching me to truly trust and rely on Him.

Comments

Popular Posts