Through His Eyes

We have the tendency of praying for things we don't really want. I know that often times, we pray that God would break our heart for what breaks His. We want to see things through His eyes. On Sunday, the groups were supposed to be arriving but we did have some down time. I went over to the baby orphanage where several of the moms motioned for me to come follow them. I walked out onto the roof next to the baby orphanage that over looks the street and into the church courtyard. There was a massive crowd of people all dressed in black and they were wailing. I've never directly experienced that. The women sat down and asked me to stay with them. An 8 year old girl from the church had passed away. We watched as the funeral spilled out into the courtyard. The crowd started to part way and the mother of the girl came out. She could barely walk on her own and was wailing hysterically. Several of the moms just started to cry and they continued to cry. I'm not really one to cry but seeing the crowd of hurting people just broke my heart. As I looked out, I realized I knew a majority of the people there. My heart hurt for these people who have nothing but love to give, and more often than not, they are knocked right back down. But they never complain and they never doubt. The moms started to cry harder and harder and I realized that the crowd was trying to get the mother into the car. She was flinging about uncontrollably. Finally, several men picked her up and shoved her inside. The crowd started to file in behind and they walked down the street. The baby orphanage workers started crying harder and harder. I felt like God hit me with a 2x4. He was breaking my heart into pieces so I could see His children through His eyes. He weeps for us and hurts with us. God is with us in the beginning, through the meantime, and in the end. In Romans 8, it talks about the hope in struggles that we have from the beginning to the very end and everything in between.

If you've followed my blog from last summer, you may be familiar with a little girl named Jamantha. She was in the nutrition program and I fell in love with her family. She really captured my heart so I was extremely excited to see her today. Her mom and brothers were there too but something was off. Jamantha was well put together, her hair was done, she was showered, and she looked healthy for once. About 2:00 today, I was walking back from the jail with a group when I ran into the young lady that helps run the program. Jamantha was with her, which totally confused me. I asked why she had her and she said, her mom doesn't want her. WHAT??!! I just saw her mom this morning, how could someone pick two of the kids but not another. Jamantha is even the middle kid so there isn't a real explanation. The lady started saying that her mom had been hitting her and didn't even want her anymore. Can you imagine being a 3 year old kid and seeing your mom but knowing that you can't be with her? I'm hoping that tomorrow I can find some truth and sense of the situation. The program director has been becoming a good friend of mine, which gives me a way in to do the devotions with them. I'm hoping that on the days I can't be there, that I can get the rest translated so she will have ones for them. Continue to pray that God would use us and that we would be intentional and relational with our time and efforts.

Comments

Popular Posts