Heartache

We woke up this morning to the strangest noise. After listening for awhile, we realized it was wailing. A little girl in our special needs outreach center came to the mission a few days ago with a 105.9 fever. They had her on medicine and an IV. Her mom sat at her side day and night comforting her daughter. None of us ever thought she wouldn't recover and be fine. I sat with her mom only briefly but this girl was her only daughter. It was heartbreaking to see this little girl just fighting so hard and being so uncomfortable. Apparently, early this morning, the little girl died. I can't imagine what her mother feels right now. She fought so hard for her daughter. It was a shock to everyone. If everyone could be in prayer for the mother as she is grieving. In other countries, this girl would have been treated so easily and sent on her way. If there is one thing I don't like about Haiti, it's these situations. Ones where you know that just about any other place in the world and the person would be totally fine. That's also what I love about Haitians. This crazy resiliency and strength.

Comments

  1. Oh Caitlin, I am SO sorry. What a terrible thing to go through. I know that God put you there to be with the mother, if only briefly. I will be in prayer for the mom and continue to pray for you. You are a wonderful and beautiful young lady and God is smiling down at you, even through all this horror. Fly With Christ! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just finding and reading your posts on-line. Wow, what I have missed. Tears flowing as I read the compassion you have in the situations you face. I am so proud of you for taking your summer to be where you are called. You inspire me. I am praying for you and all the people you encounter. Love you, Miss Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts