Living on a Prayer

It has been raining like a madmen. We have some tropical number happening right now. I took a group to Ansefoleur today in the crazy pouring rain. We had quite the adventure trying to get there since all the "roads" are flooded out. The vbs was awesome and went very smooth. The kids were very mild compared to normal, shocking because it's holy week in Voodoo. On the way to the monument, I got to visit with my friend who always walks with me in town. A girl was feeling ill so I stayed at the bottom of the mountain while another intern led the group. The girl started nodding in and out and I knew she was in trouble. I knew enough to have her lay her head on her backpack, prop her feet up, and keep her talking. That's about the extent of my medical knowledge. She quickly went unresponsive and I took her pulse which was extremely low. Her breaths were getting very shallow and all I knew to do was to pray that she didn't die right there. I made one of the Haitians sprint up the mountain to get the group since the other intern had a phone. We got her on a truck and the truck got her to the mission in 30 minutes. It took us over an hour and 15 minutes to get there earlier. Let's just say, Thank God for no speed limits. Luckily, I saw her at dinner and she is totally fine. God's got some strange amount of faith to leave that girl in my hands.

The temple was a huge party today. We couldn't go to their worship room because they were having some crazy shin dig. Seriously, music was blaring and the floor was shaking. I guess St. Anne's birthday is something to really celebrate.

Comments

  1. I am glad you were with her! I am sure that encouraged her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts