Ambush

So us interns ambushed the Navy with water balloons. They are spending the night on campus and so why not initiate them? We at least gave them a tiny bucket with a few balloons so they could fight back. It was fun to just pelt them with balloons from the roof. The girl translators led worship tonight. They are so awesome and their voices are amazing.

I just spent the day with my kids in the nutrition program. After my conversation with the moms this morning, any doubt I ever had of them understanding why any of us were here was completely cleared up. It was so cool just to sit and listen to their reason for faith or their struggles or victories. That's what community is about. I said some goodbyes today and guess who cried like a baby? ME! I never thought I would become so attached, so connected to these people. It's so hard not to fall in love with Haiti. I haven't met a person this summer who hasn't.    I bought the cleaning women, the cooks, and Moleon cokes for lunch today. It's only a slight way to show them how thankful I am for them and the jobs they do. I definitely know I will miss saluting Moleon every morning and watching him water his sugar cane he is growing in "Kay Ti Fi" (the little girls house/ our dorm). He painted a rock that says "Atis MoMo", meaning Star Moleon. He cracks me up. I told Ivenor I would say bye tomorrow and he literally took the door knob off of Melonnie's office so I thought I was actually going to be locked in with Katelyn for a little while. Good thing it's Haiti and everything is rigged to begin with so a nudge one way fixes things.

Comments

  1. We will pray for your friends there and the mission you served. I know the Haitian's were touched as you also were touched. See you tomorrow.
    Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts