Maison d'espewa



Meet my July 13, 2010:
This boy is named Marco. He lives at the House of Hope in a town called LaPointe. The House of Hope is a place where you see two extremes very very sick and very very plumb. Marco clearly falls into the plumb. I got to spend my day just loving him and he was such a blessing. It's such a sad story yet an amazing story of hope and recovery. These kids are left by their parents. They are in the mindset that mom and dad are coming back but more often than not, mom and dad are gone for good. This mission isn't open to groups because it is technically a hospital. Since it's only 30 minutes away from here, we send groups to spend the day there just hanging out with the kids since they get no attention.

Tomorrow starts day 3 of 3am wake up. Fun, fun times. During testimony night tonight, one of the girls said "I made too many relationships here not to come back." The groups always seem to ask: So are you coming back to work next year? My reply is always: If it's where God is calling me. I know that I can't imagine myself not being here but at the same time, God changes things. The first intern headed home for summer this morning. It's a dreaded time because that means ours is that much closer and none of us are ready, that's for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts